Caledonia Feedback Thread

This is the forum where you give show reviews for the weekly Evolution shows as well as PPVs. You can also request feedback for a specific roleplay, graphic, segment or anything of your liking for the masses to review your work.

Moderator: MiaRayne

Revenant

Re: Caledonia Feedback Thread

Post by Revenant » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:06 am

I have enjoyed Cali's work back when she got introduced. There isn't much I can give feedback on the character since I need to read a "Dick Mountain" of RPs to get the backstory I missed out on because of my ummm.. hiatus. Nonetheless I've thoroughly enjoyed how Cali felt about fighting against friend and foe.

Caledonia

Post by Caledonia » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:33 pm

I’d be interested to hear what people think of my RP this week, Turning and Turning. Will get feedback up at some point this weekend for those who’ve already posted.
Former CWF World Champion

Eclipse

Post by Eclipse » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:29 am

Youve been undefeated for six months now? With writing like this, I can see why haha.

I was kind of amazed at how smooth the "trash talk" portion of it read, considering how its so nice. Its cutting edge, its entertaining...but its so damn nice!

Thought the Dan vs Cali match was particularly entertaining and it was a good read from start to finish.

No mention of Eclipse, however...gets a 0/10.
Once upon a time ago, I saw it in their eyes... Hope.

They thought they won.

Caledonia

Post by Caledonia » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:55 am

Eclipse wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:29 am
Youve been undefeated for six months now? With writing like this, I can see why haha.
As of next week! Last loss was to the Lost Boys, January 15th. Since then I’ve gone 13-0 lol. Been a good run, but we’ll see if I manage to continue it this week!

Oh, and you remain, as of now, the only person to beat Caledonia one-on-one.

userpoets

Post by userpoets » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:26 am

I think we both played it perfectly this week: with everything that's been happening in the CWF lately it's a relief for MJ and Caledonia both to have an opponent whose worst intentions are 'I want to pin you.'

You telling Caledonia's story while Cali herself tells her own history is a nice parallel. I always enjoy seeing things like that, when a piece of history can relate to the present day. "What harm can one date do?" indeed.

Ask MJ.

This got a lot of story over. You read a decently written comic book filled with action, every now and then they need to take a breather between storylines. I feel like that was this week. Certainly nothing to complain about.
Every Generation Needs a Revolution

https://www.amazon.com/One-Chance-Legen ... 478747560/

CWF World Champion x2

Caledonia

Post by Caledonia » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:55 pm

So, the “mystery team” is revealed... I’m curious as to what people thought of my work this time around. I think I ended up writing over 20,000 words for this PPV, hopefully some of them were good!

For reference, my three characters are Mark Carlton, Dan Highlander, and of course Caledonia.

MiaRayne

Post by MiaRayne » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:21 pm

I regret not having faith in the mystery team...
"No great mind has existed without a touch of madness..."
~<3's moonlit walks and going tit for tat with Duce Jones~
Only person to own a pinfall victory over Caledonia <3
Semi colon.,Right Parenthesis.

Caledonia

Post by Caledonia » Wed May 01, 2019 1:04 am

Would anyone be interested in giving your surprise competitor a spot of feedback? :)

queenofthering

Post by queenofthering » Wed May 01, 2019 10:47 pm

This was my first time ever reading a Caledonia RP since I'm pretty new to the fed. I know she's played an important part in the history of this place, not only because of the storyline that played out on the show, but because I've read through some of Pete's past RPs with MJ Flair where Cali was mentioned.

To be honest, there is no reason for you to go link-happy in your writing. Nobody should have, or be presented with the option, to click on 12 instances of anything to be taken to a separate thing to read for context's sake. I'll never do it. One or two, maybe, and I say that knowing I've put one or two links as reference materials into a match or a segment in other feds I've been in as a call-back to something critical, but again, it was one or two instances...not a dozen.

The story itself was alright. I wrote in PTC back in the day where secret orders and spies and whathaveyou were all the rage, and more often than not those stories aren't really my jam when we're talking about what I personally want to read in an RP in this hobby. That's me, though. The writing itself was good, so don't think I'm just ripping you apart here. :) I don't know the reasons for why you left but I didn't get the impression that you're rusty. Maybe this show is where Cali gets bitten by "the bug" and returns? Wouldn't surprise me.

MiaRayne

Post by MiaRayne » Thu May 02, 2019 2:01 am

Dan is working on a dissertation, so he mentioned after this he'd be out for a solid while, and used the "r- word."

:(
"No great mind has existed without a touch of madness..."
~<3's moonlit walks and going tit for tat with Duce Jones~
Only person to own a pinfall victory over Caledonia <3
Semi colon.,Right Parenthesis.