Quentin Scarboro

This is the forum where you give show reviews for the weekly Evolution shows as well as PPVs. You can also request feedback for a specific roleplay, graphic, segment or anything of your liking for the masses to review your work.

Moderator: MiaRayne

MiaRayne

Re: Quentin Scarboro

Post by MiaRayne » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:06 pm

Ok...

I have to say that the more I read about Q, the more I enjoy him, and he's only been around for what.. A week? Coolio.

Couple of things I wanted to bring up to you:

1.) Loved the throwback to the first rp with, "today never happened before." I felt it in my soul and I felt Q's despair from the very first sentence of your rp, "I lost." There were no excuses, no nothing. Just Q admitting defeat and getting back up on the horse to go at it again. Definitely a character I can get behind.

2.) Alley = The space between two buildings often occupied by the homeless and trashcans. Smells of urine often times.
Ally = Friend to come to your aid.
- You mentioned that you were rushed this week and I get that. The rp in itself felt "rushed" if that's accurate to assume. While reading I picked up on a sense of urgency that I don't believe that you meant to be there, but it was, to me at least. Not sure what steps could be taken to cure this, as you mentioned you were behind the proverbial 8 ball this week, so with any luck, this might just be a one off. Then again... I don't believe that this sense of urgency that I picked up on is a bad thing and by no means a detriment to the character. In fact, I think that this could be the beginnings of seeing what kind of person Mr. Q really is (something I'll bring up again in my third and final point). However, what we have here is a person using a loss to his advantage and using it as fuel to fire his future. Q lost last week, yes, he is behind in the Grand Prix thing as well. But rather than coming up with excuses, he holds himself accountable and tells the reader that he isn't going to give up, that he's going to fight, and at the end of it all, he WILL be Paramount Champion. Q speaks, I listen and I believe. You sir, have a character that can achieve this in only two rps (rushed or not). I'm honestly looking forward to seeing where Q goes from here.

3.) "Now it's time to introduce Mister Dream to the neighborhood bully." If I had to critique one thing, it would be this line. It feels out of place and I don't see Q as a neighborhood bully type. I see him as a friendly jock type that needs a friend and a hug. Someone to have a beer with and could be considered a "hero" in some little kid's eyes. Not really much of a bully to me. And maybe this is just you being rushed this week, again, I get it and please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. The line just feels out of place for the character that you're building Q up to be in my mind's eye through your rps. I can see dark anti-hero with a cynical view on life for sure.

But the world has enough bullies in it. What we need is Q and give him something worth fighting for (in my eyes). Maybe a little girl writes him a letter to tell him about how much of an inspiration he is? I don't know, but I feel like he could use a lift up in that regard and it would do wonders for the character :)

Overall though? Like I said, I love Q.
"No great mind has existed without a touch of madness..."
~<3's moonlit walks and going tit for tat with Duce Jones~
Only person to own a pinfall victory over Caledonia <3
Semi colon.,Right Parenthesis.

QScarboro

Post by QScarboro » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:25 pm

A few things. The sense of urgency was absolutely intentional, and going in to this week was the one thing I absolutely wanted to focus on, opposed to submitting yet another piece to build on Q's backstory. "Disappointment" was my third RP for Scarboro, and I wanted this one to be a clear departure from what the other two had to offer.

This one, though subtle, also represents a bit of a character shift. Q acknowledges his loss to Scourge, but also tries to come to grip with the "why" he lost.

In his mind, he realizes that he was just...too nice, too naive and too inexperienced stepping in to his first match that he didn't quite realize the level of competition in play here. With that single loss, Q could defeat Dream and Munson, but if Scourge is able to do the same...it wouldn't matter.

That shock to the system and desperation of the competition "already being lost" so to speak is what you see here.

"Professional wrestling has not always been my alley, but I have been in many situations that make that squared circle look like a kindergarten playground in comparison. Now it's time to introduce Mister Dream to the neighborhood bully."

I may have misused alley/ally at some other point in the piece, but if this is what you are referring to than I believe I used the right word. Q is saying that professional wrestling has not always been his alley....as in his career path, his forte, his expertise. In many ways, he is stepping out of his comfort zone, and the wrestling ring is not his "place", alley, or to borrow from Roman Reigns, his "yard"...at least not yet.

The bully line was more a play on words, and not meant to be taken literally, but at the same time was Q acknowledging exactly what it takes to win. As a top offensive line prospect in college, there always has to be some sense of "bully" in these guys. Not in the point fingers and call you name sense, but in the sense where they are out to physically dominate their opponent, pressing their face in the mud with no mercy or reservation....but all in the confines of the ring and the match.

This post was about one thing...Q is pissed. At this moment, his backstory, history and experience takes a step back to the match at hand, knowing full well he will be eliminated with another failure.
Big Q is gonna kill you.

MiaRayne

Post by MiaRayne » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:32 am

After talking to you privately about the matter, everything you say makes sense. :)
"No great mind has existed without a touch of madness..."
~<3's moonlit walks and going tit for tat with Duce Jones~
Only person to own a pinfall victory over Caledonia <3
Semi colon.,Right Parenthesis.

QScarboro

Post by QScarboro » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:19 am

So looking for opinions and feedback on my Confliction RP. Also feel it should be noted somewhere, the Richardo Munoz reference is a real thing that actually happened.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2019/03/m ... olice.html
Big Q is gonna kill you.