Loki Synn Feedback

This is the forum where you give show reviews for the weekly Evolution shows as well as PPVs. You can also request feedback for a specific roleplay, graphic, segment or anything of your liking for the masses to review your work.

Moderator: MiaRayne

MiaRayne

Loki Synn Feedback

Post by MiaRayne » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:59 am

Because I'm too lazy to just go find Mia's and bump it up.

What do you guys like/dislike about the "new" character? How do you like her rps? Thoughts?

Post any and all here :)
"No great mind has existed without a touch of madness..."
~<3's moonlit walks and going tit for tat with Duce Jones~
Only person to own a pinfall victory over Caledonia <3
Semi colon.,Right Parenthesis.

userpoets

Post by userpoets » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:46 am

The violence inherent in her mind is palpable, I like how she has no allegiance to anyone - even the tenuous connection to James Milenko seems less like a partnership and more of a case of Milenko taking advantage of a chaos that already exists.

It's a clear inversion of the old trope that the monsters need to be physically overwhelming - psychologically overwhelming is just as bad.

The only thing I'm not fully on board with - yet, at least - is the reliance on gimmick matches. So far, Loki has had three official matches with a fourth this coming week - one was a four way match, one ended with DQ, and two were violence - laden gimmick matches (and we have a gimmick match planned for Hellbound). Too many gimmick matches can dilute their impact, and I've always found the most "extreme" wrestlers were the most convincing when they do so without props. At the moment, it works for Loki in a "You can't stop me as I burn down the world" way, but win or lose at Hellbound I think the character would be better served toning down the gimmicks for a bit, in the same way that I suggested a while back that the Ouroboros as a whole would've been better used had Elisha only worked the PPVs and major events and sent his minions out for the other shows.

That all being said, the writing is top notch.
Every Generation Needs a Revolution

https://www.amazon.com/One-Chance-Legen ... 478747560/

CWF World Champion x2

QScarboro

Post by QScarboro » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:24 am

Read the MWF post.

First off, the writing, the emotions, the world building, everything is on a whole nother level of fantastic. You are absolutely in tune, cognizant of your surroundings and confident in your role telling the story of so many characters, you have a clear vision of what you want your characters to be and what kind of story to tell.

It's quite evident in the quality of the writing. I've always been a fan of the split personality "gimmick" of Mia/Loki/Cheshire, though I have missed a fair amount of the fine point differences between them.

To be honest, I read this after reading the PPV, but in some ways, it allowed me to have some understanding of the things you are foreshadowing, almost like watching a prequel and it all flows excellently no matter which "direction" I read it in, so good work there.

One thing I wasn't a super big fan of is how you started the piece with the CSJ, Stewart and Jaiden Rishel stuff. It was well written and entertaining to read, but there was a moment where I had to back out of the browser because I was starting to think I accidentally clicked the wrong post. I guess it may have been better if that scene was posted as a separate post, whether on the main site or maybe marked as CD. Once I got past that awkward moment, however, it was excellent.
Big Q is gonna kill you.

MiaRayne

Post by MiaRayne » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:14 pm

I've been trickling in C$J stuff into my rps lately since they are much character and they have a lot going on that impacts everyone being the owner of a fed. How many times do you get a chance to read about the owner of a fed as opposed to a roster member?

I will say I felt that it was awkward. Typically when I do that, I add more CD for Cheshire, but this past rp, I just didn't have it in me. Focused on match talk and I think in the end that's what got me.

Thank you for the feedback though
"No great mind has existed without a touch of madness..."
~<3's moonlit walks and going tit for tat with Duce Jones~
Only person to own a pinfall victory over Caledonia <3
Semi colon.,Right Parenthesis.